Cattle Rearing/ Fattening Business Plan
- Background of The Business: Currently, about 190 million people live in Nigeria. Beef consumption is estimated at 380 000 tons as at 2014 and is projected to grow up to 1.3 million tons by 2050. But meat market has a poor infrastructure. Slaughter of livestock and fresh meat trade is concentrated in the public open markets without packing and refrigeration, resulting in a significant reduction in the quality and shelf life. This necessitates the need for commercial and industrial companies that are able to solve the problems of the meat market and provide a mass public access to high quality meat at a reasonable price.
- According to FAO stat there are 19.5 million heads of livestock in Nigeria with the production about 380 thousand metric tons of meat per year. The number of cattle of Nigeria in neighboring countries is estimated to be more than 36.5 million heads.
Units Sold: 0
Table of content
Executive Summary.. 6
Environment and industry Analysis 11
Market Research and Analysis 15
Production Plan 20
Organisation and Management 24
Operational Plan 14
Financial plan 16
Socio - Economic Benefit of The Project 35
Key Success Factor and Risk Management 35
- Business Description: PATILAD Cattle Farm Ltd. is a livestock farm set up to supply Nigerians with healthy reliable and well-packaged fresh processed meat amidst other cattle derivative products targeting consumers in south-south Nigeria and the country at large. We are located in Akure, Ondo State Nigeria. The business is owned by Dayo Adetiloye, Richard Okon and others. PATILAD Farm’s main product offering includes processed and packaged beef, milk, cheese, hide and skin. Other by-products include cow bones, hooves, offal or organs and cow dungs (for manure).
- Target Market Segments: The major market segment PATILAD Farm beef offering services falls into two categories. They include the end-customers and the wholesales/ Business-to-Business (B2B) categories. The end customers include households, bachelors/spinsters, small group clusters, university students, etc. Wholesalers will include party organizers, event managers, organizations, supermarkets, malls, restaurants and hotels.
- Management Structure: The farm is managed and directed by Dayo Adetiloye, a veteran in the agricultural industry with over 5 years’ experience and Dayo Adetiloye, an experienced Agro-allied specialist who also has vast years of experience in integrated animal farm management.